INCT in Refrigeration and Thermophysics
The INCTs (Institutos Nacionais de Ciência e Tecnologia) are the result of a federal government program that has been promoting the networking of the best research groups in the country in strategic areas, since the program was created in 2008. One year later, the Polo was accredited as the headquarters of INCT-RT (National Institute for Refrigeration and Thermophysics). He was re-accredited in 2014 to, until 2022, work together with UFMG (Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais), UFF (Universidade Federal Fluminense), UFPR (Universidade Federal do Paraná), UTFPR (Universidade Tecnológica Federal do Paraná), IFSC (Instituto Federal de Santa Catarina), and UEM (Universidade Estadual de Maringá).
In addition to financial support from CNPq, INCT-RT receives support from FAPESC and CAPES through the granting of postgraduate scholarships (master's and doctorate) and research grants in the Visiting Researcher modality.
General Coordinator of INCT-RT
- New Technologies: Cooling electronics; Non-metallic heat exchangers; Magnetic refrigeration; Oil-free and double-suction compressors.
- Energy Efficiency and Environmental Impact: Thermal management; Carbon dioxide and new refrigerants; Vacuum panels; Integrated compressor design; Thaw.
- Acoustic Comfort: Noise in suction and discharge systems.
- Reliability of Components and Systems: Induction motors; Valves; Air infiltration.
- Evaluation and Certification: Energy consumption forecast; Integrated models; Heat exchangers; Frost formation; Expansion devices.
- Multiphase and multicomponent systems: Thermophysical properties of complex mixtures; oil pumping in compressors; Biphasic flows in singularities; Transient two-phase flows.
Scientific Production of INCT-RT (2017-2019):
- Paper Presentations: 14.
- Articles accepted for publication: 4.
- Complete articles published in journals: 65.
- Published book chapters: 2.
- Event organizations: 1.
- Patents and registrations: 1.
- Technological products: 1.
- Full papers in conference proceedings: 72.
- Technical works: 3.
- 2017 - Pablo Oliveira (MH, Capes de Tese Award)
- 2018 - Isabel Janke (Best Paper - Purdue Conference)
- 2018 - Bruno Pimentel (Best Dissertation at UFF)
- 2019 - Sergio Dutra (MH, ABCM / Embraer Award)
HR Training (2017-2019*):
- Master's dissertation (completed): 24
- Master's dissertation (progress): 22
- Scientific Initiation (completed): 10
- Scientific Initiation (ongoing): 7
- Post-doc supervision (completed): 6
- Post-doc supervision (progress): 3
- Doctoral thesis (completed): 7
- Doctoral thesis (progress): 10
- Undergraduate degree (completed): 19
* CNPq / INCTs collection data
International Cooperation (at various levels):
- USA: Miami University, MIT, Oregon State, Texas A&M, Michigan, Oak Ridge
- United Kingdom: Glasgow, Brunel, Southampton
- Portugal: Beira Interior, Aveiro, Porto
- France: Aix-Marseille, Lille 1
- Canada: University of Victoria
- Switzerland: École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Czech Republic: Brno University of Technology
- Spain: Universitat Jaume I
- Netherlands: University of Twente
- Germany: Karlsruher Institut für Technologie
- Denmark: Technical University of Denmark
- Sweden: Royal Institute of Technology
- Slovenia: University of Ljubljana
- Mexico: UA Nuevo León
- Colombia: Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana
- Chile: Universidad de Viña del Mar
- China: Xi’an Jiaotong University
- Russia: Prokhorov General Physics Institute; Lomonosov Moscow State University
Download our INCT-RT logos and Visual Identity.
Access our YouTube channel and learn more about our research.
2019 periodic report (available only in Brazilian Portuguese): available here.